Mixing and Production Assistant
Appleton, WI 54914 US
We are currently seeking a skilled Mixing and Production Assistant to join our client’s production team in Appleton WI. Our client is a leading manufacturer and marketer of fully baked homestyle breads. As a Production Assistant you will assist with the production and mixing duties in order to maintain a high-quality product and to set the pace for obtaining peak production efficiencies by following all foods safety, production and batching procedures.
If you are detail-oriented, safety-conscious, and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Shift: 3am until done. (8-12 hours)
- Have a full understanding of bakery production, process timing, and have the ability to recognize and adjust production flow to reach or maintain department efficiencies.
- Have knowledge of all equipment, mixing, formulation, and process operations.
- Backup Head Mixer or Bakery Lead when sick or on vacation.
- Gain a working knowledge of the functionality of all the various ingredients and flours used.
- Understand, apply, and maintain the application of the HACCP/HARPC plan.
- Understand and if instructed to, coordinate production schedule with Bakery Lead and assist in maintaining this schedule throughout production day.
- Understand and be able to fill out all necessary paperwork including but not limited to lot tracking and batch sheets.
- Perform all startup operations as listed by the Plant Manager, Bakery Leads, Head Mixer, or Production Manager as necessary.
- Assist in direction of workflow and give verbal direction to employees to maintain peak efficiencies.
- Clean area at end of shift, put away all necessary items from ingredient racks, and refill ingredient bins for next day’s operation.
- Complete a daily lot tracking sheet.
- Complete a daily pre-op inspection.
- Track inventory of ingredients that are necessary for your operation and notify warehouse supervisor if low.
- Track dough temperatures at machine and adjust accordingly to maintain product quality and consistency.
- Fill in for the Head Mixer or Bakery Lead, as necessary.
- 1 year experience in bakery/mixing position.
- Must be able to scale ingredients and multitask.
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday
pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24 – 48 hours.
4. We only work with the best client companies.