Mills Team Leader - 2nd shift - 4:30pm - 4:00am
2885 W Genesee Lapeer, MI 48446
The Team Leader is responsible for supervising department employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
- Ensures effective employee relations
- Provides employee coaching and development
- Make employment decisions with input from HR and the Plant Manager
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Provides leadership through a 30 day planning cycle
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Machine maintenance and repairs
- Performs machine change over or tool changes
- Performs accident investigations
- Manages supplies inventory to ensure proper inventory levels
- Investigates absenteeism and timekeeping discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, HR modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Active listener
- Effective communication through speech
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- HS Diploma
- Post secondary education and/or minimum 3-5 years of experience in a production environment performing set ups, tool changes, and machine repairs
- Blueprint reading
- Machine operation
- Use of micrometers, calipers, and attribute gages
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years of experience in a production environment
- Previous quality management experience
How to apply:
Apply at www.q-staffing.com
Call or text (810) 664-0573 to begin the application and interview process.
Email your resume to Lapeer@q-staffing.com with the words "Team Leader" in the subject line. Please send resume AFTER you have applied on line. Thank you.
Check out our Facebook page!