Metal Machining Plant Manager
Lapeer, MI 48446
Plant Manager with experience in metal machining.
- 3-5 years experience as a Plant Manager in a metal machining manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience in building and machine maintenance.
- Strong leadership and administration skills.
- Develops manufacturing organizational strategies by contributing manufacturing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objective in line with organizational objectives
- Establishes manufacturing operations strategies by evaluation manufacturing trends.
- Establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality & customer service strategies; resoling problems, implementing changes.
- Assurance of the highest quality organization and product possible, always striving to exceed the customer's expectation and assuring TS 16949 compliance of the company business/quality systems.
- Daily management of the production system to ensure strict application of the company's quality procedures and standards.
- You will be expected to be a "hands on" person with the ability to recognize potential production/quality problems on the plant floor before they occur.
- You must become an expert on the plants part flow; machining, deburring, cleaning & packaging processes.
- Keeps materials available by scheduling and monitoring to meet timely customer deliveries.
- Maximize equipment operation by developing and scheduling preventative maintenance; organizing change-overs.
- Compile and analyze daily/monthly reports.
- Report the performance of the production system to management for monthly review.
- Supervise all improvement actions, training and communication associated with production.
- Ensure corrective action processes are comprehensive, fast, and effective and maintain to correct non-conforming conditions and customer complaints.
- Drive improvement in the plant manufacturing performance to reduce both internal/external PPMs and the total cost of scrap.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
Your goal will be "Continuous Improvement" in our manufacturing processes and strive to make sure every customer knows that our goal is "QUALITY PARTS - ON TIME"