Mechanical Project Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI 48335 US
Mechanical Project Engineer - Farmington Hills, MI
- Contract to Hire Opportunity
- 90-100K + ( Commensurate based on experience)
- Requirement for consideration: Seeking candidates that has previous professional experience/background working in a automation/integrator facility
The Ideal candidate will posses the following experience:
- Seeking candidates that come from a automation/integrator background.
- Seeking id that can quote jobs and provide proposals to customers for mechanical requests.
- Some knowledge of controls/PLCs as well because they will often be working with the controls staff to create quotes for projects that include both mechanical and controls components.
- Willing to travel to customers or other offices as needed.
- Produce mechanical and process concepts for Automation projects.
- Responsible for supporting sales and operations teams by creating feasible, balanced and valid solutions to customers automation problems.
- Responsible for understanding RFQ/RFI scope, timing, budget and best practice in mechanical design.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.M.E.) from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in machine design, process design, or machine cost estimation.
- Industrial engineering experience a plus
- Computer Skills (AutoCAD, Solid works, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Main Tasks / Responsibilities
- Devise solutions and new approaches to problems presented by customers by developing engineering concepts and presentations
- Apply knowledge of process design to all projects to ensure process is balanced
- May meet with client to define or develop project scope and present proposed solutions
- May write portions of or all the specifications
- Assist in or prepare total cost estimates for proposals
- Keeps current on new technology, new design methods and ideas
- Understand RFI/RFQ requirements and when to apply FEA
- Understand ergonomic needs and devise solutions that will meet standard ergo requirements
- Understand schedule requirements and ensure design meets project schedule or assists in developing schedule based on proposed solution.
- Research purchased parts and coordinate with suppliers for accurate application and design
- Coordinate with internal and external mechanical design teams for concept design during quoting phases and process/job turnover
- Apply knowledge of safety and quality in all designs and assures design meets safety requirements
- Develop cost effective, standardized designs utilizing lessons learned from prior projects
- Produce mechanical drawings and designs
- Eliminate part defect and errors utilizing latest error proofing concepts