Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Shelbyville, KY 40065 US
ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technician installs, tests, repairs, and maintains electrical or electronic plant production machinery, support equipment, building, and other systems throughout the site to maintain optimum operating conditions and plant productivity. The role is expected to report to and assist with both electrical and mechanical issues.
- 3rd shift: Sunday – Thursday, 11pm – 7am
- 2nd shift: Monday – Friday, 3pm – 11pm.
- Medical, Dental, Vision – first day of employment, 401(k) match up to 8%, Tuition Reimbursement. And up to $4,000 referral bonus
- Receives and performs job assignments through work orders, sketches, PM schedules, blueprints, or verbal instructions.
- Follows applicable codes and regulations on work performed.
- Troubleshoot equipment through the use of PLC Programs, manuals, and diagrams as necessary.
- Responds to emergency requests for repairs/replacements, including fire system malfunctions which may be reported during off-hours.
- Troubleshoots all malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate and remedy the breakdown or malfunction.
- Installation of conduits, wire connections to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Ensures compliance to code.
- Repairs and maintains various production machinery and equipment, including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and parts.
- Installs, modifies, and relocates machinery and equipment and will perform other maintenance tasks in addition to electrical-related work.
- Repairs and modifies building and plant systems as required.
- Reads and interprets PLC programs, manuals, schematics, blueprints, drawings, and other written installation and repair instructions.
- High level of experience and proficiency in the function, mechanics, and operation of all Maintenance equipment.
- Computer and Software knowledge.
- Able to work well with others / self-motivated.
- Strong mechanical skills Strong Attendance and Safety Record.
- Passion for Safety and following Safety Procedures.
- Passion for Quality and meeting Customer Specifications.
- Must have a positive attitude that promotes High Performance Culture.
- Fully aligned with the Core Values - Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Results and Out Performance.
- Initiative – identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.
- A team player with good communications skills and the ability to work independently.