Mechanical/Electrical CAD Designer
Cartersville, GA 30120 | Engineering
QSS-Ashton Staffing is seeking candidate for a Direct Hire opportunity with a local manufacturing client in Cartersville, GA. This Italian based company has been serving from 8 different countries producing primarily Nylon 6 fibers and polymers, but also produces Nylon 6,6 and Dryarn. They are a leader in innovation and are growing at an exponential rate. Apply for your chance to be a part of something great!
While a job description may not fully encompass every detail of a position, the purpose of the following is to provide an outline of goals, responsibilities, ability and knowledge required in order to successfully perform this job. The Mechanical/Electrical CAD Designer will be responsible for mechanical/electrical design and drafting needed for project development, production support, detailed design and producing "as-built" drawings to support the company.
- Maintain professionalism while handling CAD Designer duties.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all procedures and systems within department.
- Work as a team with great people skills to build solid working relationships
- Help ensure that the Organization's philosophy, mission, vision and values are pertinent, prominent and practiced throughout the entire Company, setting a positive example with actions.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work on assigned projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support engineers with project documentation, start-up and implementation
- Work with all departments to develop, document and implement training initiatives; demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators as necessary.
- Assist with troubleshooting process and equipment problems; including mechanical and electrical systems, to include using computer generated data in order to report and diagnose equipment problems
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of production and facility equipment to help ensure optimal operating condition.
- Abide by and help to ensure safety programs and practices are followed.
- Assist all departments as necessary to help ensure optimal production.
- Other duties assigned that may not be included in the above list.
Essential Skills & Ability:
- Problem Solving - ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Quality control - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with proven ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral and graphical instructions
- Quantity - meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability - adapts to changes in fast-paced manufacturing work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Can function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Safety and security - observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to read and interpret safety rules and instruction which are posted in English.
- Communication - effectively and professionally conveys information internally and externally through verbal and written communication skills; actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures understanding.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and calculate figures to amounts, add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Industrial troubleshooting
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- High school diploma is required, Electrical Technical degree or equivalent is strongly preferred
- 3 years+ CAD related experience including 3D capability in support of an Industrial environment.
- Proficient at site and process layouts, P&I, electrical panel and one line drawing generation and as built
- Proficient with CAD & 3D CAD
- Experience organizing paper and electronic drawings