Selma, AL 36701 US
As a member of the Materials team, the Materials Planner will be responsible for, under limited supervision, directing and controlling raw materials for the plant. Provides support to all engaged in the movement of raw or finished materials, storage, production scheduling, and inventory control activities. Helps control, measure, and regulate efficient inventory levels of materials and finished goods. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use of the MRP system to review and ensure the availability of components in coordination with corporate materials and the production plan
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure the availability of components
- Ensure the work order report is updated in a proper time frame so as not to impede the production or business process
- Ensure that the Monthly Consignment paperwork (reconciling for material usage) is completed with conjunctions with corporate required timing
- Facilitate monthly physical inventories
- Provide for the proper handling of obsolescence claims to corporate materials
- Verify the perpetual inventory vs. physical inventory for the plant.
- Full participation in quality system compliance/ audit
- Responsible for the use of the WEDIT system for related shipments
- Facilitate inventory audits by independent accounting firms
- Establish continuous improvement efforts to ensure 100% delivery Performance for external and internal customers
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Degree Preferred but will consider experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in Materials/Logistics
- Business Administration
- Continual Improvement Process
- Corrective and Preventative Action
- Environmental Management System Overview
- MRP (Material Requirements Planning)
- Product Development Process
- Quality Management System Overview
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials, stress analysis, material selection and material sizing.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional departments.
- DFMEA experience preferred.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Basic knowledge of Material Requirements planning (MRP) Principles
- Basic knowledge of Inventory control methods
- Good analytic abilities