Clifford, MI 48727
Are you tired of the hectic traffic driving south to work every day? We are seeking an experienced Materials Manager for our automotive client in the lovely little town of Clifford, Michigan.
- Plans, directs and supervises activities and personnel concerned with production of company products through purchasing, material planning, and the tool crib.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers based on price competitiveness and ability to fulfill quality and service requirements.
- Develops strategic plans and oversees projects for continual improvement of purchasing and material control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates written data, such as purchase orders and job orders, specifications, routers, machine and worker production rates, and lead times to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, and sequences of operations and workflow.
- Confers with production personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Supervises material planning and purchasing functions and personnel to insure on-time shipments of products to customers.
- Maintains and controls inventory levels.
- Coordinates engineering changes affecting raw materials, and purchased components.
- Monitors routers, inventory, and purchase order systems to assure financial information is accurate.
- Provides information to the Controller, as needed.
- Keep Managers informed on issues and concerns that affect shipments, pricing, and supplier performance.
- Seeks competitive price quotes, evaluates proposals, and makes recommendations as to the most economical supplier for raw materials and purchased components.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers with input from quality, engineering, and other affected departments.
- Monitors supplier performance and works with Quality Manager to resolve problems or to develop the supplier to a higher level of expectations and to fulfill company objectives.
- Oversees all tool crib and MRO purchasing activities to assure inventory accuracy and that levels are sufficient to support daily operations.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor s degree level of knowledge in Business Administration, with emphasis in production and material control, and a minimum of 6 years related experience in a fabricated metals manufacturing environment.
This is a direct hire, salary position based in Clifford, Michigan which is approximately 40 minutes Northeast of Lapeer, Michigan. No relocations are being considered.
Please email your cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to cwurts@q-staffing.Com.