Beatrice, NE 68310 US
Materials Manager- Direct Hire- Beatrice, NE!
Supervises and manages all production/materials activities as well as shipping & receiving functions of assigned manufacturing plant. Ensures that the company production targets are met and that the entire production/materials process runs smoothly and cost effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages and develops schedules related to budgets, forecasts, and customer orders; produces and coordinates production plans, materials requirements to ensure achievement of production and quality expectations for delivery performance.
- Releases, monitors, and maintains work orders in line with production schedules.
- Establishes, reviews, and maintains material planning related parameters in ERP system.
- Reviews and monitors supply/demand information, and takes appropriate actions to ensure material availability in support of production schedules.
- Formulates and maintains supply chain objectives complementary to corporate policies and in support of strategic initiatives and goal deployment targets.
- Ensures materials availability based on forecasts and usage to support production requirements while preventing excesses. Establishes measurements and maintains inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for the physical inventory of all materials if/when required to meet our financial and record keeping obligations.
- Maintains systems to ensure inventory optimization, and appropriate replenishment strategies.
- Manages all transactions and material handling functions with regard to receiving inbound materials and managing flow/movement to manufacturing point of use (including planning, set up, and execution of shop floor replenishment processes).
- Controls and optimizes inventories to meet defined levels and turns; develops programs to continuously improve.
- Responsible for capacity management to ensure a flexible factory.
- Contributes to and participates in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Maintains expendable packaging based on customer demands.
- Manages JIT receiving process for all incoming inventory to keep within budget.
- Responsible for all shipping, receiving and warehouse activities related to supporting plant operations.
- Maintains monthly freight budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required;
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in production, production planning (MRP) and logistics within a manufacturing environment (preferably in the automotive industry)
- 1-3 years of experience in a leadership position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Knowledge of inventory management.
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills; excellent business planning and resource allocation skills to meet goals.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location