Waynesboro, VA 22980
The Material Handler is responsible for movement of product, supplies, and inventory throughout the entire facility. This can include loading and unloading trucks; organizing and relocating production parts, materials, and packaging; and trash, scrap, and cardboard removal and/or bailing. This position also assists the Shipper and production supervisors/leaders as needed.
- Stage product to/from work stations so that material from MO s is kept and stored in an organized manner and that operators have the parts needed for the jobs they are running.
- Verify all material has a traveler that is correct and filled out properly.
- Ensure material going to shipping has a label.
- Maintain an awareness of what material is on the floor and where it is at all times.
- Maintain the slug and packaging rack areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Relocate and consolidate slugs.
- Supply production floor with boxes and skids.
- Move incoming supplies to the storeroom or the correct shelf location daily.
- Compact/dispose of all cardboard.
- Bale scrap daily.
- Maintain the scrap baler area to be neat and clear of debris.
- Empty all aluminum scrap dumpsters and relocate scrap as needed.
- Supply production floor with zyteks or scrap boxes as needed.
- Maintain the daily sign off sheets for the safety precaution checklist on all lift trucks.
- Empty the trash receptacles throughout the plant.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Run the floor sweeper as needed.
- Keep the outside plant area neat and orderly, especially the skid areas and the dumping areas.