Imlay City, MI 48444
This position creates kits and delivers parts to individual groups for the assembly of a unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move material from location to location to support the production effort.
- Creates kit parts according to the B.O.M. for specific commodities necessary to build a unit.
- Identify part shortages and report them to Purchasing and Bill of Material.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and compliant area with proper labeling and housekeeping
- Operate various material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, rolling carts/racks, tuggers, or forklifts.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations at level required for successful job performance.
- Must have some knowledge of cycle counting process and visual management, two bin system, or kanban replenishment processes.
- Ability to input and to learn electronic inventory transaction system
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 40#’s without assistance.
- Ability to work from various squatting, kneeling or bending positions.
- Ability to work with arms above head.
- Ability to stand or walk within the manufacturing environment for eight hours per day (minus specified breaks).
- Ability to safely use specified forklifts.
- Ability to operate and understand the operation of all protective safety equipment in the area.
Apply on-line at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your servicing branch.
For fastest consideration, call our office for an appointment at (810) 664-0573
Check out our Facebook page at: