Material Handler (1st shift)
Imlay City, MI 48444
This position creates kits and delivers parts to individual groups for the assembly of a unit. Support the supervisor and follow the 5'S and Lean Manufacturing criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move material from location to location to support the production effort.
- Creates kit parts according to the B.O.M. For specific commodities necessary to build a unit.
- Identify part shortages and report them to Purchasing and Bill of Material.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and compliant area with proper labeling and housekeeping
- Operate various material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, rolling carts/racks, tuggers, or forklifts.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations at level required for successful job performance.
- Must have some knowledge of cycle counting process and visual management, two bin system, or kanban replenishment processes.
- Ability to input and to learn electronic inventory transaction system
- Prior Material Handling experience preferred
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs
- SAP experience preferred