Marketing and Social Media Manager
5361 Gateway Centre , Flint, MI 48507 Flint, MI 48507 | Marketing
The Marketing and Social Media Manager will support the company’s 30+ branches throughout the U.S. and help facilitate continued growth. The position will report to the President and will work closely with the company’s key executives. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced marketing professional who is eager to assist the company in building, implementing and managing a branding, marketing and social media strategy for the organization. The position will be responsible for marketing and for hands on management of the company’s website content, web presence, and social media networks and content.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Establish, track and evaluate an annual marketing plan and budget.
- Help establish and reinforce the company’s branding and messaging for clients, employees, client prospects, job candidates and media.
- Make recommendations, guide and work with branch and regional managers to develop and employ strategies regarding the company’s website, blogs, social media, newsletters, business associations, networking events, community and charitable events and/or other activities.
- Provide insight into the creative direction for website, brochures and other promotional material.
- Design and/or oversee the work of an outside firm to design and produce marketing and business development materials.
- Identify and create a business development plan to support sponsorship of external events, trade/industry organizations and business groups in order to assist with branding and business development efforts.
- Draft media releases, pitch stories/interview ideas consistent with branding, business development and recruiting efforts.
Social Media Management:
- Develop and implement social media strategies and awareness for branding, business development and job candidate recruiting.
- Create, maintain, evaluate and grow social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Goggle+ and others.
- Maintain up to date, relevant content on the company’s website, blogs and social media network, including written ad visual content.
- Oversee and ensure brand consistency.
- Employ optimization strategies, analyze data and increase traffic.
- Develop paid social media advertising strategies and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, sales, or related field
- 3-5 years of previous experience as a marketing manager, product managers, strategist, sales manager or related marketing experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Solid understanding of effective marketing strategies, materials, and channels
- Experience preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
- Strong leadership, planning, and execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead others