Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator
Dalton, GA 30720 US
Job Title: Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Job Function: As Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator, the employee shall assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations in all activities and issues involving marketing/public relations services to support the continuous and safe operation of the utility while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
Education: A minimum of two years of marketing and public relations experience is required.
Nature and Scope: Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, the employee shall:
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing/advertising program for all services as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
- Draft, edit, and maintain publications/promotional and educational materials as needed to achieve the utility vision, mission, and guiding principles at the direction of the Director of Marketing and Public Relations through print, broadcast, and online methods.
- Provide proofreading support on all departmental materials as needed.
- Draft and disseminate timely communications to all employees and customers on relevant issues, etc., also acting as social media contact as necessary, weekend coverage included on a rotating basis, at the direction of the Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
- Coordinate printing, advertising, and other projects for all utility sectors, including but not limited to the creation of company newsletter, content marketing, and negotiating advertising and printing rates for advertising.
- Create graphic designs for items such as presentations, signage, and collateral as needed.
- Perform Website design, programming, and search engine optimization.
- Coordinate facility tours and presentations, such as school career days, with staff members and members of the public.
- Manage special projects and assist in other promotional/advertising projects.
- Coordinate placement of all legal notices/bids in local newspapers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Physical Requirements: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees).
Must have full dexterity of hands including repetitive motion of fingers.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Must have ability to operate administrative machines.
- Must have good communication abilities.
- Must be able to reach, sit, stoop and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift small objects that weigh approximately 10 lbs.
- Computer skills necessary – Microsoft Word, Excel, photography software, graphic design, HTML coding, and experience with desktop publishing.
- Writing/editing/proofreading skills necessary