Middletown, VA 22645
- Works with other technicians performing filling and/or packaging of products
- Comply with GMP, ISO 9001 guidelines and company SOPs, performs the following duties on either the reagent or controls line.
- Performs duties on the packaging line to prepare and pack materials as needed to produce kits, if required in work area.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed or directed, if required in work area.
- Operates and/or monitors labeling machine and makes necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations and high quality results, if required in work area.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit a Resume with their application.
Please note that onboarding for this positions can take approximately 3-14 days in order to be cleared to begin work. Applicants should be able to wait up to approximately 14 days to begin work.
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs. will require the employee to use non-traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials, OSHA safety compliance required.