Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
North Branch, MI 48461
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER SUPERVISOR
Plans, directs, and Supervisors the Engineering Group in conjunction with direction from the Engineering Manager. Supervises the technical aspects of all manufacturing processes in operation at the plants, to ensure on-time delivery of processes and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participates with Engineering Manager in planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Negotiates with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions. Implements at the direction of the Engineering Manager.
- Coordinates with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Designs tools, fixtures, product/part, and machines.
- Performs manufacturing cost estimating and feasibility studies.
- Implements productivity and efficiency improvements.
- Engineers CAD/CAM drawing using ANSI Y-14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Assists in establishing advanced quality engineering standards and procedures.
- Designs, develops & processes prototype sample orders.
- Takes the lead role in project development and implementation.
- Leads APQP for new launches.
- Initiates & completes ECN's for new or existing products/processes.
SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Four-year engineering or equivalent experience - minimum of 6 years related manufacturing experience. Specialized training in computer skills, time management and cohesive team building.
- Working knowledge of JIT manufacturing, cellular manufacturing, FMEA, process flow diagram, CAD/CAM, ANSI, Y-14.5, GD&T. Supervisory, excellent communication. High mechanical aptitude and problem solving.
Reports to the Engineering Manager or the Production Manager. Maintains regular interface and supervises the product engineering, maintenance, tool room, plant supervisors, quality assurance manager and engineers, accounting, tooling manufacturers, laboratories and suppliers. Supervises all manufacturing engineering employees.