Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Our client is seeking 15 Manufacturing Engineers to work in a contract to direct hire role at its facility near Auburn Hills, MI, supporting manufacturing processes. We are looking for individuals that enjoy working in a challenging, fast pace, team environment, developing and supporting manufacturing processes for both R&D and production hardware.
Engineer job duties will include developing manufacturing processes including:
- part process planning, gaging, tooling, fixture design, NC programs, production support, and capital equipment procurement.
- This role will also include elements of manufacturing project management where the team member will assist with equipment runoff, installation and production startup.
- Manufacturing processes include laser machining (welding, drilling, cutting, and cladding), robotics, electrical/electronic assembly, welding (TIG and orbital), casting, tube fabrication, Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM), plasma/flame spray, and CNC machining (lathes, 3-5 axis mills, and grinding).
- Bachelor s degree in one of the following engineering disciplines: Aeronautical, Mechanical, Computer, Electrical, Materials Science, Industrial, Robotics, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology & Management, Welding Engineering Technology, or Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
- OR a two year Technology Associates Degree with 15 years related manufacturing experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable.
- 3D CAD software experience and basic knowledge of CAD and GD&T principles
- Previous exposure to ANSYS and NX is a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.