Auburn Hills, MI 48326 US
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing persified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Production Team in the following areas;
- Check equipment regularly to ensure normal operating activity.
- Monitor data from measuring devices.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties according to PM schedule.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments according to equipment manuals and work instructions.
- Ensure work is completed in a safe manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- High school diploma / GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience; strong, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC and HVAC experience.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications; Excel and Word.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Fabrication (Mill, lathe…) and welding experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of hand / power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
- Ability to read blue prints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment with Operations, Engineering and Quality.
- Must possess good interpersonal (both written and verbal) and communication skills in order to develop / maintain productive relationships with both internal and external contacts; team oriented.
- Must be available to work flexible work hours.
- Work may require: lifting, climbing ladders, assembling / disassembling large and small mechanical, hydraulic or electrical part assemblies and components.
- Ability to stand, walk, carry light objects, handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms is required.
QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Comply with requirements of the Integrated Management System, in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- Identify concerns and initiate corrective actions (through verification) relating to product, process and quality systems
- Initiate preventative and continuous improvement actions relating to product, process and quality systems
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements, and/or where to locate them.
HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Follow safe work procedures established by the Company; and follow the OH&S directions of the head of your department or supervisor
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety systems
- Where PPE is required to control exposure to hazards in the workplace, wear and maintain the PPE as directed, as indicated in a risk assessment, or as required in OH&S procedures
- Use other safety and emergency equipment provided in the workplace as directed or as required in OH&S procedures
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments
- Before commencing work or research, a risk assessment should be conducted to identify, assess and control the hazards associated with the work or research. This should be conducted in conjunction with other relevant staff, researchers and the supervisor
- Report OH&S problems
- Report workplace hazards to the supervisor as soon as possible after they occur
- Report injury or illness arising from workplace activities using the incident/injury reporting system as soon as possible after the incident
- Lead incident investigations and implement corrective actions
- Complete monthly H&S inspections