Henrico, VA 23231
Description: Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on mechanical equipment, building and electrical systems.
• Develop preventative maintenance program
• Measure equipment up time
• Respond to equipment repair needs
• Participate in new equipment modification, set up and design
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
• May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment.
• Installs electrical wiring and equipment, replaces and repairs wiring as needed.
• Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
• Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• High School diploma and at least 5 years experience with repairing and troubleshooting industrial machines
• Technical understanding of how machines work
• Experience working with power tools
• Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, operations manuals and manufacturer?s instructions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to effectively manage time and establish priorities
• Good organizational skills
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule
• Must be able to adhere to safety policies and procedures
• Supervisory experience a plus