Maintenance -2nd Shift
Lapeer, MI 48446 US
Are you committed to quality and like to work in a fast paced, high production environment? Come work with a leader in precision machining. Located in Lapeer, our client is committed to quality and is looking for experienced and entry level employees to add to their team. This role allows you the ability to work in different capacities throughout the facility. 1st and 2nd shift available, $18/hr. + based on experience.
Apply Now or Call Qualified Staffing Lapeer at (810) 664-0573
- Supervision of Material Handlers/Maintenance Support Staff.
- Provides employee coaching and development.
- Makes employment decisions with input from Human Resources and Plant Manager.
- Investigates absenteeism and timekeeping discrepancies.
- Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout the facility and property.
- Coordinate outside contractors required to repair or maintain building and equipment.
- Assign maintenance tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor work requests and ensure timely completion.
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance schedule is accurate and completed on time.
- Ensure that all items are in inventory by ordering supplies relative to responsibilities.
- Maintaining and repairing all large equipment.
Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. See more occupations related to this skill.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Communicating with Supervisors, or Peers — Providing information to supervisors, and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer proficiency
- Forklift experience
- Building maintenance experience
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.