Maintenace and Electrical Manager
Cartersville, GA 30120
While a job description may not fully encompass every detail of a position, the purpose of the following is to provide an outline of goals, responsibilities, ability and knowledge required in order to successfully perform this job. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of production equipment with minimal downtime. Involves checking, setting up, and operating various types of production tools and equipment prior to approving for production use.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Report to Plant Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
- Track machine Down-time & Reason codes
- Assist production/maintenance personnel in troubleshooting & set-up of machines
- Must be able to lead and motivate employees
- Must enforce and promote quality expectations
- Responsible for disciplinary and corrective actions
- Maintain payroll time system (vacation, personal days, points) for maintenance employees
- Maintain/manage PM program and Work Request process
- Develop & track maintenance employee’s work schedules
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITY
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work and uses time efficiently. Attention to detail, organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task. Able to handle and manage stress appropriately.
• Accountability- responsibility of employees to complete the tasks they are assigned, to perform the duties required by their job, and to be present for their proper shifts in order to fulfill or further the goals of the organization
• Leadership- providing those in organizational leadership positions the opportunities, training, and experience to expand their knowledge and improve their skills.
• Customer service—manages difficult situations, responds promptly to internal and external customer needs and meets commitments. Exhibits strong interpersonal techniques, is positive, respectful and customer focused.
• Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance. Proven ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out written and oral instructions.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Can function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
• Safety and security—observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to read and interpret safety rules and instructions which are posted in English.
• Communication - effectively and professionally conveys information internally and externally through verbal and written communication skills. Actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures understanding.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer/Data entry skills.
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- 5-10 years maintenance experience in a BCF yarn mill plant or similar manufacturing experience with heavy experience in electronics, PC controls, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Experience with Superba, heatset and air entanglement machinery a plus.
Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Must provide reputable business references
Must have reliable transportation