Waupaca, WI 54981
Looking for a very positive environment that embraces the motto of work hard and play hard? This is your chance to work in a very clean and bright shop setting while contributing to the overall growth and success of the company.
A Waupaca manufacturer is looking to add a full time machinist to their team. This company specializes in machining a variety of castings, forgings, weldments and other machined components for diverse industries such as Defense, Energy, OEM and Food Processing. They provide the highest quality CNC precision machining services in all types of Carbon Steels, Tool Steels, Stainless Steels, Inconel, Aluminum, Plastics, other specialty materials and exotic alloys. They also offer a full-service weld and fabrication shop on-site.
- Set up, adjust and operate a variety of departmental machinery to include horizontal and vertical mills, lathes, presses and grinders to manufacture machine parts that require close tolerances.
- Read and interpret blueprint specifications and set up sheets to determine procedures and operational sequence
- Operate various hand tools, power hand tools and machine tools to make finishing adjustments to products
- Use a variety of precision measuring devises to set up and adjust work
- Perform general preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
Full time, temp to hire, 1st shift 5:30am-2:00pm and 2nd shift 2:00pm-10:30pm Monday-Friday (some flexibility with hours if needed)
- Blueprint reading experience
- Strong math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Machinist or related degree preferred
- Programming experience is not required but always helpful
- 3 years of skilled trades training in machine tool operations
- Ability to lift 30 pounds repetitively and up to a maximum of 50 pounds
- Will need to supply own machinist tools as required by the company
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.