Youngsville, NC 27596
Job Title: Converting Operator
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Hours: 7: 00AM - 7: 00 PM Monday - Thursday or Tuesday - Friday
Description: It is the responsibility of the Converting Operator to operate the converting section of a production line to operational standards. The Converting Operator must also be familiar with setting up the stacker, packaging, and inspection of the product.
1. Maintain a clean, neat, and safe work area.
2. Inspect and clean rolls as necessary.
3. Set/clean/operate the base coater.
4. Set/clean/operate the OC coater.
5. Inspect the coated coil for coating and substrate defects.
6. Operate the camera inspection system.
7. Monitor and adjust the leveler to produce flat plates.
8. Set up and operate the edge trimmer.
9. Set-up and operate the slitter.
10. Mount, and apply slipsheet rolls as necessary.
11. Set the length cut according to job orders.
12. Monitor, and control length-and-square to within established specifications.
13. Set up the stackers.
14. Assist with packaging and boxing of product, including providing relief for packers to take their breaks.
15. Maintain operational paperwork.
16. Perform maintenance on the production lines.
17. Report on, troubleshoot, and solve operating problems.
18. Assist in other areas of the production process as assigned by the supervisor.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to lift 50 lb. Packages.
Ability to read a precision rule.
Familiarity with computers.
Strong attention to details.
Ability to read and follow instructions.