Sparta, MI 49345 US
Our client has been family owned and operated since 1929. Focused on creating a fun environment while supporting the community this family business has staff that have been there more than 20 years. Wow that is saying something. Are you ready to start work right away? Do you like to stay busy and moving? We have the position for you. This client is ready to provide you hands-on training and help you create proven skills.
Location: Sparta, MI
Shift: 2nd and 3rd
- Operators must wear a hairnet and or beard net and appropriate eye safety equipment before entering production area to lower risk of contamination
- Operators must wash hands after bathroom breaks and or scheduled breaks before entering production floor.
- Every machine incorporates different SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) so daily duties may vary in accordance as orders for every production machine on every shift are also subject to change.
- Every operator running an interfolder is required to check glue levels before every break and at the start of every shift.
- Every operator is required to keep constant watch on paper quality (e.g. Paper is contaminant free, folding properly).
- Every operator is required to keep their area clean and to report any machine malfunctions (e.g. Oil leaks) that could inhibit the operator’s ability to keep work station clean to either supervisor or maintenance personnel.
- Should a machine experience mechanical issues the operator is responsible to shut machine down and to report the issue to the shift supervisor or maintenance personnel as soon as possible to avoid long term costly equipment damage.
- Operator is responsible for ensuring that the product their running is defect free and to report it to appropriate utility staff if there is a problem as the operator is the first step in the quality control process.
- Should employees see something in a place it shouldn’t be such as paper debris, misplaced tools, etc. they are as responsible as everyone else in the plant to put the item(s) in the proper place. This helps to ensure not only cleanliness but could prevent possible safety issues from arising.
- Operators are responsible to report from breaks in a timely and efficient manner as this helps ensure the smooth running of the facility.
- Operators are REQUIRED to attend monthly safety meetings to stay updated on new or changing policies.
- Should employees experience issues with any other personnel regardless of the nature of the issue they are obligated to report the issue to the shift supervisor so corrective actions may be taken.
- Operator is responsible for double checking throughout the day that they have correctly labeled and dated the products they are running if the product requires it.
- At the end of the shift the operator is responsible for making sure their area is clean, and if the machine they are on requires it, to make sure that a thorough count of all finished product run is signed by the operator and is turned into the designated person taking product counts that day.
- No previous experience necessary.
- Must be able to lift at least 50#.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Good Communication and teamwork skills.
- Good at multi-tasking
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
1. We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday
pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
2. Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
3. We respond to every job applicant within 24 – 48 hours.
4. We only work with the best client companies