Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Currently recruiting for Press & Print Operators! The job duties & requirements are as follows...
The Line/Print/Press Operator monitors the stage in the production that matters most to our customers. He/she ensures that the printing presses are working effectively to product the best print on aluminum tubes as per customer design. It is important that the ideal candidate pays close attention to detail, and is able to react quickly to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Operates machinery start, stop, jog, clean, etc.
- May be required to lift up to 40lbs. Repeatedly
- Removes, cleans and replaces print press equipment, such as; enamel and printer rollers
- Uses and understands specification sheets. Sets-up/changes-over and maintains proper adjustments on assigned machinery to conform to the specification sheet for that job
- Develops and maintains the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of the material being printed
- Examine work in process and finished materials to ensure quality standards and accuracy of printing is being maintained
- Continuously monitors the quality of the tubes they produce and initiates corrective action for substandard quality
- Accepts responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate.
- Resolves technical problems with presses, inks and other components as necessary
- Makes required quality checks and records the results on quality control sheets
- Monitors the scrap they generate to keep it within acceptable levels.
- Strives to be a good team member and to promote team effort.
- Performs all regular daily, weekly or monthly maintenance on assigned machinery according to determined schedule
- Performs housekeeping duties to include cleaning floors, work benches, work tops, inside and outside of machinery and drying ovens.
- Other duties as assigned, inside or outside of normal work area or department