Machine Operator Assistant
Perry, GA 31069
MACHINE OPERATOR ASSISTANT
- Non-Woven Manufacturing
- 6-9 Months training
- Rotating Schedule
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set up machine settings for new work orders, enter order data into MES system, adjust template for knife settings and print supporting documents.
- Label individual rolls, inspect for quality.
- Handover information regarding current shift to the oncoming shift.
- Perform duties and follow company policies according to safety, hygiene and quality standards.
- Assist Machine Operators.
- Maintain safe machine operation while maintaining clean and tidy workplace.
- Maintenance of knives and winding rods.
- Change calendar and machine settings when using a different calendar .
- Set metal detectors and other inspection systems and production line.
- Manual inspection of packaging material on finished roll goods.
- Work with test equipment ZWICK apparatus for testing tensile strength.
- Entering information on all tasks into MES/ERP systems.
- Ensure the the QMS conforms to ISO 9001: 2015.
- Basic Math Skills
- Expertise in ERP/MES/SAP system
- Microsoft Office and SAP preferred
- Knowledge of safe work practices and OSHA standards
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be coachable concerning all job responsibilities.
- Experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, and/or Boom lift preferred.
- Flexible, dependable, able to cope with stress and endure high work loads.
- Able to read and understand labels.