Machine Operator - Saws
Lapeer, MI 48446
Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, or cut metal.
Responsibilities to include:
- Inspects and measures work pieces to verify the accuracy of cuts, using rulers, squares, or caliper rules.
- Inspects stock for imperfections or to estimate grades or qualities of stock or workpieces
- Operates a Roto Washing Machine
- Maintains acceptable Labor Efficiencies
- Maintains general housekeeping
- Performs scheduled preventative and daily maintenance
- Maintains inspection frequency and records data for quality assurance
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Education Required:
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- High School / GED or equivalent
Previous Experience Preferred:
- Blueprint Reading
- Machine operation
- Use of micrometers, calipers, and attribute gages
- Use of square