MIG/TIG Welder (4:30pm - 2:30am)
Lake Orion, MI 48362
Responsible for fitting and welding of steel, aluminum and stainless steel parts using a MIG and/or TIG process. Also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor.
• Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification
• Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
• MIG and TIG weld steel, aluminum and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings
• Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
• Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications
• Set up welding cells for serial production runs
• Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
• Assemble items as instructed by floor supervisor
• Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
• Follow all company rules and policies
• Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
• Follow all safety rules and quality standards
• Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Prepare product for shipment
• Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 50 pounds), or using a hoist
• Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Experience with steel, aluminum and/or stainless steel required
• Experience with MIG and TIG welding IS REQUIRED.
• Experience with CNC press breaks, CNC folding machines and automatic saws highly preferred.
• Ability to lift heavy items up to 35 pounds consistently required.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
• Ability to identify and measure material
• Ability to produce quality products consistently
• Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form
• Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses • Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angle gauges