11.00 Calera, AL 35040 | Engineering
Freelance 3 week position.
Directs and coordinates program activities designed to provide subcontractors, management, and customer with logistics technology that ensures effective and economical support concerned for manufacturing or servicing of products, systems, or equipment;
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product
- Handle inventory, process orders, plan warehouse layouts and help design product packaging to maximize shipping efficiency.
- Applies the scientific and mathematical principles of engineering to the process of distributing consumer goods and services in order to build a more efficient infrastructure.
- Develops and implements program activities coordinate’s efforts of subcontractors, production departments, and field service personnel, and resolves problems in area of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments.
- Familiarity with business practices as the relationship between supplier, distributor and customers.
- Compiles data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistics activities.
- Develops and initiates preparation of bulletins, and information systems to provide and supply logistics support.
- Determines logistics support sequences and time phasing, problems arising from location of operational area, and other factors, such as environmental and human factors affecting personnel.
- Evaluates all aspects of methods of distribution with the ultimate goal of improving efficiency, thus generating higher profits.
- May perform special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
- May utilize computer techniques for analysis, simulation or information systems and documentation.
- Responsible for the designing and analyzing the systems employed in distributing those goods and services.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or logistics and transportation.
- Manufacturing / logistics background in the automotive industry is preferred
- Job experience in a Tier 1 operation is beneficial
- Certification in Transportation preferred.
- Member of the American Society of Transportation & Logistics preferred (ASTL)
- 5 plus years of AutoCad