Licensed Para Pro
Owosso, MI 48867
The applicant must be able to run an efficient and professional office and work with clients. The applicant must have a working knowledge of the life and health insurance and securities industry. Must be able to work independently, requiring minimal supervision by the producer. Responsible for reinforcing the client/producer relationship by being an active communication link and accountable for being responsive to client and producer needs. Will review financial and personal data provided by client on a standard questionnaire for logic, accuracy and completeness of information.
- As a licensed Para-Pro, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. You will support the owner through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. You will communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. The ideal candidate must have experience in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, an interest and passion in learning as well as contributing beyond the day to day administrative aspects of the role. The ideal candidate will be able to work confidently and independently.
- Handle unsolicited calls from prospects to schedule appointments.
- Creating and reviewing client correspondence.
- Provide producer support on cases.
- Prepare and understand sales illustrations.
- Contact Home Offices and sponsor companies to resolve problems, errors, changes, submit new business, request policy loans, withdrawals, annual statements, change of beneficiary, bank changes, process acceptance or declination of applications, underwriting issues including scheduling medical exams, ordering medical records, following up on pending items for new business in underwriting and keeping the client informed of any updates.
- Requesting, recording, and maintaining retirement distributions; changes in account directives; updating quarterly and/or annual statements.
- Assign and delegate work and provide feedback when appropriate to other support staff.
- Stay current with software technology and updating the sponsor company websites.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns, seminars, and client appreciation events
- Greet advisors/clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Provide general support to visitors
- Enter financial information into database
- Scan and store information in database
- Prepare applications for life insurance, annuity applications and assets under management
- Follow thru with requirements for submitted business
Basic Case Preparation Support and Client Interaction and Follow Through:
- prepare for initial client interview by gathering materials needed;
- assist producer in gathering information needed (ie: background and financial info);
- document client meetings and calls;
- enter all pertinent information into client management system;
- update information as necessary;
- ensure follow up activities are timely;
- review financial and personal data on questionnaire provided by client for accuracy between client management system and personal financial folders for each client;
- Case Analysis (under producer supervision);
- Contact client or client advisor to verify info provided on questionnaire;
- Work with producer to review and analyze proposals;
- Perform numerical calculations;
- Attain proficiency of research software programs;
- Run illustrations;
- Prepare client presentation package;
- Contact client to confirm any additional information needed and continue to maintain contact with the client
- Prepare forms for producer/client signatures
- Review and update client information as needed for client review meetings
- Attend and participate in client meetings as needed
- Manage and resolve client service problems
- Initiate calls to set client review meetings and check for any changes in client status
- Consistent use of activity to-do lists, calendars, software and other work/time management systems.
- Prepare for and complete annual licensing for advisor; registration to conferences; maintenance of designations and continuing education requirements; tracking new business.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- High degree of flexibility to deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion
- Working knowledge of life insurance and securities services industry
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong technology skills
- Proficient use of all Microsoft programs, especially excel and word
- Internet savvy
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with good organization and time management skills
- Track client process consistently and delegate to appropriate team members accordingly in this process
This individual demonstrates a high level of initiative and ability to work independently and interdependently with the advisor and other team members. Must take the initiative to expedite requests for service or complaints in a timely manner and possess the initiative to make sound/logical decisions in scheduling appointments and other situations requiring rapid/informed resolutions.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective verbal and written communications to clearly convey information and/or to influence thinking or action
Planning and Organizing Work:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, work within deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and execute across multiple initiatives/tasks
- Ability to develop plans to accomplish work operations and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve issues
- Associate/Bachelors degree or Equivalent experience
- Post secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work independently
- Possess confidence and professionalism
- Punctual and reliable
- Must submit to drug test and background check before hire
- Licensing Requirements:
- Fully licensed for Life, Health & Accident
Full Time 15.00/hr + Commission
Proficiency in Linkedin and marketing in general