Tuscaloosa, AL | Welder/Fabricator
Lead Fabricator will based in Tuscaloosa at a local concrete company. In addition, all Tuscaloosa employees are expected to assist other team members with other departmental work and cleaning, Cross-training results in a flexible and active workforce and offer team members the opportunity to see and develop a wide variety of skills. The applicant will assist the site plant manager in making purchases, receiving materials ordered and maintaining inventory. The applicant will also conduct various training to all shop employees. This applicant will also be trained in collecting information for environmental reporting. The applicant must have some computer skills and the ability to learn Microsoft applications. In addition, all Tuscaloosa personnel receive cross training and will be expected to work in any part of the plant as required by management. This individual will have the responsibility to supervisor all shop employees and still keep up with his day to day responsibilities. This individual will report to the site Plant Manager.
- Operates various types of welding processes. (Hardwire, CO2, Stick, and Air Arc cutting torch gouger).
- The applicant should be able to use basic setup equipment, such as levels, tapes, fillet gauges, and calipers.
- Work is to be performed to the quality standards for particular job at hand, as well as respecting our Quality Management System.
- Must have knowledge in how to run a CNC machine, also have the flexibility to learn repair maintenance on the CNC machine and other machines in the shop.
- The applicant will also have general fab shop duties, grind steel, drill holes with magnetic drill, operate iron worker, drive forklift, keep shop and work area clean, and load trucks.
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Applicant must be able to consistently lift 50 lbs.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fuses (welds) metal structural components together by means of arc welding.
- Using one or more processes in the fabrication of ball field lighting hardware, and utility cross arms.
- Run CNC and radial arm drill press to drill flange plates and post tension plates.
- Perform hand welding, the welder may also layout guidelines or marks on metal parts and may cut metalwithahandheldcuttingtorchorCNC burn table. Performs welding operations requiring most of the following:
- Requires a knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals; setting up work and determining operation sequences; welding objects involving critical safety and load requirements; working from a variety of positions.
- Applicant must have working knowledge of welding symbols and procedures.
- Applicant must be certified to AWS D1.1 in the 1G and 2G position.
- They will also have the following responsibilities when working in different areas of the plant
- Run radial arm drill press, tap plates, taper plates.
The applicant will need to have a minimum of the following qualifications:
- 5 years Lead and/or Foreman
- 5 years of relevant welding experience.
- 5 years of fabricating experience
- 2 years CNC experience
- 2 years of machine repair/maintenance
- Applicant must pass an internal and external welding test. Applicant should be capable of understanding key processes in the department.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, work orders, welding processes, materials, and other documentation associated with production.
- Applicant must be able to work on Drill Press, Plasma Cutter, and Band saw.
- Applicant must have a strong mathematical capability, and layout skills.
- Willing to work overtime as required and committed to doing what is necessary to ensure duties are completed.
- We are looking for an applicant with strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and balance conflicting priorities.
- A sense of urgency with excellent attention to detail.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn Microsoft applications.
- Literacy and use of measuring devices required.
- Welding Certification is required.
- 10 HR OSHA Certification
- Forklift, Scissor, and Boom lift Certified preferred
- Crane Certified preferred
- a high school diploma or GED is required
Welding Certification is required
Burns, cuts, scrapes, scratches, and bruises are all risks. Care and attention must be paid when using all tools. When moving around the shop floor, attention is required in case not yet-collected debris presents trip-hazard. Must remain aware of environment for equipment moving overhead or nearby and also forklift.
Dusty environment, temperature variance, falling debris, moving overhead equipment, and forklift.
Cutters, grinders, welding equipment, cutting torch, drills, tape measures, drill press machine, and general hand tools.
Safety glasses, goggles, face shield, steel toed boots, gloves, welding shields, arm sleeves, cutting goggles, and ear plugs.