Laser Burn Table Operator
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Multiple immediate openings. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership.
- Load equipment with product using the overhead crane and/or forklift in order to prepare the equipment for an accurate cut.
- Prepare equipment to cut material by downloading or programming the computer according to customer specifications.
- Measure material before/after cutting according to customer specifications using oxy burn table equipment.
- Remove all materials from the burn table after cutting and handle it according to router instructions.
- Package material for shipping when needed.
- Complete inspection reports after inspecting and measuring the material.
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed, including (but not limited to) wiping down torches and equipment.
- Communicate with previous shift as to work in process and priority of work orders to be completed during the next shift.
2nd Shift: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00am
Weekend Shift: Friday - Sunday 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours)
- A minimum of one (1) year previous laser burn table work experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to perform math including; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions, as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice-versa.
- Ability to recognize and interpret colors according to the company’s classification system.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds, as well as lift and move heavier objects with the assistance of cranes, forklifts, or another employee.
- Must be able to pass company math and blueprint test.
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.