Key Account Manager Resins/Plastics
Canton, MI 48188 US
Key Account Manager – Direct Hire- Canton, MI!
Sell compounds materials to customers in different industries such as Automotive, Home Appliance, Electrical & Electronics, Power Tools and Lighting.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the customers’ demand and related product category from the company.
- Develop new customers and markets for entire product offering.
- Frequently visit and communicate with customers to determine needs, generate solutions, and strengthen client relationships.
- Research and analyze industry information to accurately apply pricing and maximize company sales and profits.
- Accounts receivable follow-up to reduce aging and follow-up on collecting receivable monies.
- Communicate with home office to improve and expand business.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical aptitude required.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with existing or potential customers.
- Strong willingness/ flexibility to learn.
- Sales experience in plastics compounding industry is preferred. We are willing to train the right candidate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness/ confidence to operate outside of comfort zone, but not egotistical.
- Results and success driven professional.
- Bachelor’s degree (chemical, polymer engineering degree is preferred)
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Knowledge of Commodity/ resin/ coating plastics experience
- Familiarity with purchasing