Job Processor/Entry Level Buyer
Clinton Township, MI 48036 US
Pay: Starting at $20.00/hr Apply now to schedule an interview!
About: Responsible for purchasing activities. They coordinate the activities involved with goods and services. This includes raw materials, parts, tool, and equipment.
- Purchase materials, parts, supplies, and equipment, following established purchasing practices and procedures to optimize price, delivery, and terms to meet production demands
- Works closely with Production supervisor to ensure timely delivery of materials to meet customer demands for quality and delivery.
- Compares customer purchase order with specifications to determine method of assembly or manufacturing and materials needed to complete the job.
- Compile documents, such as blueprint worksheets, inspections, drawings from files and create traveler for shop floor.
- Coordinating and negotiating with vendors for price and procurement by keeping track of inventory and requisitions needed to meet delivery.
- Preparing purchase orders to various vendors allocating purchases to appropriate production job.
- Ability to network and interact with vendors and suppliers
- Follow all ISO and health and safety policies and procedures
- Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information according to blue print specifications; determines method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding.
- Analyzes and evaluates bids to determine optimum value; selects supplies; issues purchase orders; follows up; expedites as necessary; and evaluates vendors.
- Ability to read and understand the top and sublevel drawings
- Ability to interpret specification (MS, NAS, etc.)
- Exhibit good communication skills, verbally and written
- Good analytical skills in identifying contract requirements
- Knowledge of different materials and hardware requirements (quantity, type and size)
- Easily adapt to change
- Strong use of computer and operating systems
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our Corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24 - 48 hours.