Interior Plastic Injection Molding -TOOLING ENGINEER, Plymouth MI Tooling Engineer
Plymouth, MI 48170 US
Interior Plastic Injection Molding -TOOLING ENGINEER, Plymouth MI
- DIRECT HIRE
Our client has engaged us in a search for a fantastic Tooling Engineer to join their team. As a Tooling Engineer, You will be responsible to provide technical and tool leadership in directing a cross functional team from concept to delivery of tools and related items as well as act as the primary interface between tooling vendors and Company for all tooling related issues.
- Day to Day tool product support, repair, maintenance, and tooling evaluation as well as document all acquired knowledge.
- Provide quick turnaround on part and tooling cost and ensure that tools are delivered as per quality and timing requirement.
- Design initial molding tool concepts, perform tool DFM analysis, and collaborate with tool shops.
- Ensure all tooling developments for new programs are in full compliance with Requirements and standards.
- Oversee and approve flow simulation on all assigned tooling projects.
- Review designs for all new tool construction and support Moldflow as well as DFM activities.
- Establish counter measurements and alternative solutions when the project deliverables are at risk and proactively manage risk.
- Communicate any challenges or issues to management.
- Lead/ Support all appropriate project APQP activities for all elements of the molding processes.
- Optimized documentation of molding process parameters through appropriate use of DOE techniques.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to identify new cost saving opportunities associated with injection molded components.
- Support internal and external continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilize technical expertise as required, to support problem solving efforts within internal and external molding activities.
- Travel globally to existing plants, suppliers and to future sites if required.
- Minimum of 6-7+ years of experience in interior Injection molding of automotive parts as a Tooling Engineer.
- Previous experience utilizing CAD software for reviewing tool design.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with DFM, DOE and APQP and their applications
- Must be experienced in tool set-ups, tryouts, trouble shooting, and project management skills.
- Experience with past program / interior trim component launch activities preferred.
- Experience with flow simulation software (Moldflow) preferred.
- Automotive interior and under-hood Experience
• Education Reimbursement Programs Available
• Sign-on Bonus
• Referral Bonus
• Paid training for all positions
• BCBS PPO Medical Plans
• Delta Dental & Eye Med
• Free 20k Basic Life Insurance
• 401k with company match
• Paid Breaks
• PTO (paid time off)
• Paid Holidays
• FSA and Dependent Care after 1 year