Allen Park, MI US
Our Client Prototype is seeking someone skilled in electrical that is mechanically inclined to be an Automotive Wiring/Instrumentation Technician. Those with a background with car stereo/alarm installation would be a good fit. This is a specialized field that offers a lot of hands on work.
- Long Term Contract/Willing to train
- Looking for Day and Night shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years' automotive technician experience
- Strong background in electrical, wiring, auto electrical (car stereo installation, remote starts, etc), or instrumentation experience.
- Must have own tools with rolling tool box.
- Possess the skills to follow any procedures or work instructions provided for assigned projects, such as work requests, shop procedures and/or shop manuals, publications or schematic diagrams.
- Be a self-starter & self-motivated Automotive Wiring/Instrumentation Technician.
- Possess the skills to work in a team atmosphere & learn new tasks as an Automotive Wiring/Instrumentation Technician.
- Have the skills & desire to complete all tasks assigned.
- Have excellent communication & time management skills.
- Have reliable attendance & be able to work overtime/weekends.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Experience performing soldering, crimping, tube bending, component layout and packaging on vehicles or subsystems preferred.
- Knowledge of proper installation of thermocouples and pressure transducers preferred.
- Knowledge of Ford products a plus.
- ASE /State certifications a plus.