Industrial Sewing Machine Operators (1st shift)
Oxford, MI 48371
1. Starts and operates or tends machines that automatically join and reinforce material or fabricated articles.
2. Draws thread through guides, tensions, and needles and adjusts machine functions, according to fabric type.
3. Positions item under needle, using marks on machine, clamp or template, edges of cloth, or markings on cloth as guides.
4. Turns knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machine, according to garment style and observation of operation.
5. Replaces and re-threads needles.
6. Guides garment or garment parts under machine needle and presser foot to sew parts together.
7. Positions material or article in clamps, template, or hoop frame prior to automatic operation of machine.
8. Observes sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor.
9. Folds or stretches edges or length of items, while sewing, to facilitate forming specified sections.
10. Attaches tape, trim, or elastic to specified garments or garment parts, according to item specifications.
11. Removes holding devices and finished item from machine.
12. Selects supplies, such as fasteners and thread, according to specifications or characteristics of fabric.
13. Bastes edges of material to align and temporarily secure garment parts for final assembly.
14. Replaces sewing machine parts and performs basic maintenance, such as oiling machine.
15. Cuts material and threads, using scissors.
16. Inspects finished goods and examines repair tags and markings on garment to locate defects or damage.
17. Records number of garment parts or complete garments sewn.
Must know how to operate a sewing machine
6:00am - 4:00pm (Monday - Thursday)
6:00am - 2:30pm (Monday - Thursday) and 6:00am - Noon on Friday
Apply at www.q-staffing.com and select Lapeer as your branch
Call or text our office for an appointment to apply and interview (810) 664-0573
Email your resume to Lapeer@q-staffing.com with the word Sewing in the Subject line
Check out our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/QualifiedStaffingLapeer