Industrial Packaging Engineer
Successful candidates will aid in the design, testing and implementation of the packaging process. They will also review and improve existing packaging designs, work with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals. This position is client facing and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Point of contact for client communications
- Packaging sizing and specification/evaluation
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging
- Final engineering review and seal of construction documents
- Development of schedules for discipline related design and construction
- Preparation of vendor/supplier ‘request for quote’ packages
- Supervision of installation and start-up of related systems / contractor supervision and vendor management
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An understanding or experience with third party logistics services. For example, OSB wood packaging such as containers, crates, skids, or custom items.
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing and packaging design principles
- Fundamentals of machine and process design
- Preparation of line balance documentation and process flow diagrams
- An understanding or experience with warehouse design and layout
- Preparation of equipment specification, purchase documentation and equipment / facility layout
- Preparation of machine testing requirements and procedures
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access); MS Project, AutoCAD
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to articulate design ideas to clients
- Preferred 3+ years of experience and/or internship(s) in an industrial manufacturing setting
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree required
Travel to active client sites will be required of this position.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off including a vacation policy and 401(k) plans.
Submit resumes to Jaime Currier email@example.com