Cartersville, GA 30120
Qss-Ashton Staffing is seeking candidates for an Industrial Electrician. This is a full time direct hire position with an international company in Cartersville. The position will train on day shift and then transfer to nights (7p-7a), possibly could require call in time.
SUMMARY: To analyze and correct electrical problems and repair and overhaul electrical equipment and controls.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
• Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
• Receives wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions from supervisor covering emergency and scheduled repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
• Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment. Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
• Fabricates parts if not commercially available, using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
• Determines need for, analyzes, and makes necessary running adjustments, repairs, and overhauls.
• Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical equipment noted and corrective action taken.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITY
• Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work and uses time efficiently. Attention to detail, organized, able to meet deadlines.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Can function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions and responds to management direction.
• Safety and security—observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. Ability to read and interpret safety rules and instructions which are posted in English.
• Communication - effectively and professionally conveys information internally and externally through verbal and written communication skills. Actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures understanding.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
• Function as a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Detail-oriented and organized, able to work in a fast-pace environment and meet deadlines.
• A demonstrated ability to prioritize, follow through, and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to read and interpret safety rules and instructions which are posted in English
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 years of Industrial Electrician experience
• Experienced with drives, PLC's and VSD.
• Finishing/Extrusion experience a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education/certification strongly preferred.
• Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
• Meets company’s substance abuse testing requirements; as a safety sensitive person, may be subject to random substance abuse checks.
• High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
Criminal Background and Pre Employment Drug screen required
Must provide reputable business references
Must have reliable transportation