Lapeer, MI 48446
The ideal candidate would have experience operating a rotary transfer machine; specific Hydromat experience an asset. This position requires mechanical ability and advanced measuring ability. The successful candidate would have experience working in a high-volume production facility.
Hours 4:30 pm – 4:30 am (2nd shift). Must be available for weekend overtime (Saturdays).
Responsibilities and Duties
Job responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Loads aluminum bars on bar feeder and ensures bars are properly loaded and feed into the machine.
- Efficiently run high volume production of automotive components
- Clears chips from machining areas and sifts hoppers for bar ends
- Maintain the highest level of quality by constant monitoring and measuring the features of the parts produced
- Maintaining the expected level of housekeeping
Physical Requirements include:
- Standing – The ability to stand at a workstation for 12-hour shifts
- Reaching – The ability to lift pans and reach at or above shoulder level
- Squatting – The ability to squat and lift a pan of parts to shelve level at waist or lower
- Lifting – The ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lb pan of water to cart level; frequently requires lifting up to 40 lb. pans of parts.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Arm-
- Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Hearing Sensitivity — The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Reaction Time — The ability to quickly respond (with the hand
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer some training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate’s degree in Mechanical field. Minimum GED / High School Diploma
- Experience using calipers and micrometers
- Ability to read blue prints
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Basic computer data entry experience required
- Excellent attendance including punctuality
- Must be available to work weekend overtime