Human Resources Generalist
Port Huron, MI 48060 US
Human Resources Generalist - Port Huron, MI - DIRECT HIRE
- Flexible work hours regularly required -Must have flexibility to be onsite early one day a week to support third shift
- On site- No remote options
Are you an experienced HR Generalist who holds experience in providing support in areas of employee relations, performance management, recruitment and retention, benefit administration, training and other miscellaneous areas of Human Resources? We would love the chance to speak with you. Our reputable Port Huron area Manufacturing client is looking for a reliable, energetic, and patient HR Representative to join their team!
- Provides HR consultation to management team on employee relations opportunities provides guidance on performance management processes and conducts internal investigations, as needed.
- Identifies employee relations trends that are affecting the facility and collaborates with management to develop plans to address. Drives positive change that builds relationships, increases morale and improves performance.
- Educates employees, supervisors and managers on all aspects of company policies to support compliance and consistent, fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Serves as a member of the Plant Management Team as well as the first point of contact for HR related matters.
- Understands Company benefit programs, etc. to facilitate the on-boarding process and respond to general inquiries about benefits.
- Assists employees with policy and benefit inquiries and provides problem resolution through use of effective communication and resources.
- Manages the local recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt positions from applicant to employee.
- Identifies temporary staffing service providers, as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews and monitors turnover trends.
- Follows requisition procedure for new hires.
- Administers local workers compensation claims and monitor employee’s return to work status.
- Oversees all compliance needs as related to I-9, E-Verify, Labor Law posting requirements, etc.
- Is visible and easily accessible to employees on the manufacturing floor. Is available to employees on all shifts to answer questions and provide HR support.
- Flexible work hours regularly required.
- Assists in identifying, planning and supporting employee training needs, locally.
- Plans and organizes employee engagement functions and participates in same while promoting positive employee relations and culture.
- Participates in special projects and initiatives and provides general support to VP and Director of HR as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- PHR Certification preferred
- At least 2 years' experience in a professional Human Resources role required, a role with demonstrated Employee Relations experience preferred
- Ability to mediate effectively between all levels of employees during conflict resolution
- Ability to partner effectively with Plant leadership, Senior Leadership, HR Leaders and Team members on business and people matters
- Ethical judgement and critical thinking to support effective problem solving and solutions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any and all privileged information and exemplify a professional demeanor at all times
- Must be a self-starter with an approachable style and a mature mindset that builds trust and credibility with managers and employees
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable to competing/shifting priorities and change in the workplace
- Excellent MS Office application skills – MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Must have prior recruitment experience
- Empowered work force experience a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally to other client sites for team meetings and other activities
- Must have flexibility to be onsite early one day a week to support third shift