Heat Treat Operator
Waynesboro, VA 22980
The Heat Treat operator is responsible for smooth operations in the heat treat area. This includes operation of the equipment as well as control the flow of product within the heat treat area. The Operator must also pull the necessary samples from each load to be tested. The Operator must monitor the product and assure the operations are running with the utmost quality and efficiency. Must also fill boxes, seal them, and prepare them for shipment.
Before beginning the operations of the equipment, Packer/Operator must perform an overall check of the machinery to be sure that all aspects are running correctly.
Packer/Operator is responsible for conducting checks of greasing, oiling and degreasing components of the machinery.
The Packer/Operator must conduct quality checks on length, diameter, width and overall appearance at a rate and/or time as directed on the QC work card.
- Prepare boxes for completed product, including set up and retrieve paper for packing in between layers.
- Check customer order and communicate with Shipping clerk to prepare the appropriate labels.
- Remove cans from the line and pack into boxes.
- Complete quality checks for burrs, dents, dings, defective trim, and overall appearance.
- Seal boxes and stamp.
- Pack boxes on a skid as specified.
- Dump all scrap in scrap bin and throw away waste material.
- Completes extrusion reports for Impact Supervisor.