Byron, GA 31008
HVAC Technician Job Description
The HVAC Technician s purpose is installing and servicing HVAC/R equipment and maintaining, diagnosing, and correcting problems throughout HVAC/R systems.
- Installs and services HVAC/R equipment.
- Maintains, diagnoses, and corrects problems throughout HVAC/R systems.
- Adjusts system controls to recommended settings and tests the performance of systems using specialized tools and test equipment.
- Installs refrigerant lines, water lines, ventilation ducts, vents, pumps, and other HVAC/R components; connects electrical wiring and controls, and checks units for correct operation.
- Performs preventative and recurring maintenance and repair work to ensure systems are operating efficiently.
- Upon award, mechanics must provide proof of Universal Certification for handling and transferring refrigerants, and maintaining and/or installing equipment that contains refrigerants to the Contracting Officer Representative (COR)
- Interacts with department heads, military, and other agency personnel, both by phone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Customer service, coordination, and communication.
- Ability to work independently
- Work in compliance with the Company s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Willing to complete documentation as necessary in a neat and timely fashion; with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains equipment and supplies to ensure they are in good working order.
- Complete additional projects as developed and assigned by your supervisor or management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service and relationship skills
Special Position Requirements
- Training in Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, CPR, Arc Flash, Respiratory, Aerial Lifts, Fall Protection, Fall Protection (Facilitates) Asbestos, Arc Flash clothing.
- Basic understanding of refrigeration cycle on air cooled and water cooled equipment
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and visualize the operating sequence
- Completed the OSHA Construction or General Industry 30-hour course within the last 3 years
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in the field in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours.
- Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying.
- Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds regularly (climb ladders, operate lifts, sit, stand, bend, kneel, vision acuity and manual dexterity).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.M. To 5: 00 p.M., 40 hours per week.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- S&W Sales and Services, LLC dba S&W Contracting offers for following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, Vacation, and 401k
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.