Wixom, MI 48393
Are you interested in joining the Human Resources team of a global manufacturing company? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
HR Specialist will take responsibility for payroll and benefits for employees in the US and Canada and work alongside the company s Senior HR Generalists in both Michigan and California as well as the HR Director. As an HR team member, your role will occasionally encompass other generalist HR duties that will provide both personal development opportunities and a valuable contribution to HR team objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for bi-weekly processing of timesheets and payroll for US and Canadian employees using ADP Workforce Now system
- Benefit enrollments, change requests, and bill reconciliation
- Maintain COBRA, 401k, FSA, HSA s and other employee benefits such as dental and vision and life insurances etc.
- Work with FMLA, FSA and HSA claimants and third party administrators (TPA s).
- Maintain health insurance files by updating records with new hires and terminations.
- Serve as the main contact for the group 401(k) administrator.
- Registering for new payroll tax accounts.
- Updating the payroll company of any tax rate changes etc.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of Diners Club and employee s outstanding balances and take appropriate action to minimize liability.
- Hotel and airline bookings for Executive team and visitors.
- 3 + years of payroll and benefits administration experience (Required)
- 2+ years experience working with ADP Workforce Now
- High level of integrity and ethics (Required)
- Experience must include working knowledge of health insurance, COBRA, 401k, FSA, HSA s and other employee benefits (dental, vision, etc.)
- Professional certification or willingness to work towards one (Preferred)
- Degree in HR or additional HR experience (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of 401(k), unemployment, & related taxes.
- Intermediate - advanced level knowledge of Word and Excel