Grinding Operator (direct hire)
Appleton, WI 54914
Immediate direct hire openings for 1st and 2nd shift Grinding Operators. Great pay and benefits that include tuition reimbursement to make yourself even more valuable to the company. This opportunity is with an international company that offers a very broad range of equipment for the paper converting industry.
- Responsible for the grinding or grooving process in the manufacturing cycle.
- Work assigned is based upon the individual’s training, experience and ability
- Read and interpret production schedules.
- Locate and retrieve rolls to the production area utilizing overhead cranes and various material handling equipment.
- Prepare individual rolls for installation into the grinding or grooving equipment.
- Set up the equipment using special wheels or attachments, adjust and set tooling.
- Utilize all inspection and measurement equipment per procedure and instruction.
- Complete the grinding or grooving operation and inspect the finished product.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and inspection reports.
- Experience using inspection/measurement equipment including Durometer gauges, Micrometers, Vernier diameter tapes, Dial indicators, temperature devices and others.
- Basic math including accurate addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Lift or exert up to 50lbs frequently.
- Read, write and understand English including mechanical blueprints and technical documents.
Shifts: 6:30am-3pm and 3pm-11:30pm, Overtime as necessary
Pay: $14.50-16.00 depending on experience.
This is a direct hire position that includes a full benefit package.