Oshkosh, WI 54902 | General Labor
Multiple immediate openings for general laborers who can help continue the company’s legacy of producing high quality products. This is your opportunity to work for a company that has been a trusted leader in the metal industry since 1926. A full steel service center offering a wide variety of coil processing and manufacturing services. Now in the 4th generation of family ownership.
- Locate material (and if necessary) move material to the appropriate area using equipment such as a forklift or overhead crane.
- Weigh material to determine proper packaging method and to ensure that material will reach the customer destination in a safe and presentable manner.
- Count out the number of parts in order to fill the customer’s order accurately.
- Complete associated paperwork in accordance with company guidelines.
- Prepare shipping tags using the department computer or by completing the tag manually if necessary.
- Finishing and packaging parts according to customer specifications.
- Hand grinding, use of a belt sander, Dynafile, die grinder etc.
- Communicate with previous shift as to work in process and priority of work orders to be completed during the next shift.
Monday - Thursday 1st & 2nd Shift available
- Previous work experience with grinding hand tools is preferred.
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes with related equipment and forklifts.
- Ability to perform simple math, including addition and subtraction.
- Knowledge of general shop procedures and rules including safety precautions.
- Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and work as part of a production team.
- Physical requirements include; continual standing, walking, lifting, twisting with periodic bending, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
Why chose Qualified Staffing to help you with your job search?
- Job coaching
- Resume writing assistance
- Interview coaching
- Tips to succeed on the job
- Wage/benefit client negotiating
All of this and never a fee to you for all this job search assistance!
Over 80% of our jobs are temp-to-hire or direct hire. Apply today and see the difference Qualified Staffing can make in your life.