Qualified Staffing https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/60515/logos/square1.png https://www.q-staffing.com https://www.q-staffing.com true
General Labor (Shell Department) - 2nd Shift
Oxford, MI 48371 US
2023-06-05 2023-07-07 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Industry: General Labor Job Number: RB240232322
GENERAL LABOR – CASTING/SHELL Are you experienced in mold casting with a high-level of attention to detail? Our client is looking for General Labor Technicians in their Shell Department. This company is a located in Oxford, Michigan, and is a global manufacturer of precision cast parts, machined components, and assemblies for aerospace, defense, auto, medical, and more. Successful candidates for this role should have experience and/or knowledge of pouring different types of allows into ceramic/shell molds. Work hours are 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM with occasional overtime. Pay starts at $16.39 ($16.14 per hour plus $0.25 shift premium). APPLY TODAY WITH QUALIFIED STAFFING LAPEER! Job Responsibilities:
- Melting and pouring different types of alloys into ceramic/shell molds.
- Understand and properly use the different paperwork between lost-wax process and lost-foam process.
- Daily checks of types of alloys as well as proper completion of all paperwork – time sheets, SOP’s, routing sheets (signed off by previous operators).
- Proper use of tools and equipment.
- Inspect crucibles daily
- Proper use of melting and ramming furnace.
- Use of proper safety practices by utilizing use of hard hats, glasses, shields, coats, spats, boots, etc. as well as maintaining housekeeping standards established by Barron Industries.
- Communicate with work-leader as necessary regarding damaged equipment, safety issues or any situations requiring resolution.
- Understand the hazardous material used, the effects of temperature changes on metal.
- Understand, follow, and implement TS-16979, ISO 14001 and AS9100 systems and procedures as appropriate to your department and/or area of responsibility.
- Initiate continuous improvement in your area of responsibility using AVO’s, CAR’s, and ECR’s.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, i.e., brainstorming sessions, training, continuing education, etc.
- Multitask oriented
- Previous casting experience is beneficial and preferred.
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.