Finisher/Paper Mill/Fiberglass Manufacturing
Hawkinsville, GA 31036
To weigh, package, label, and wrap finished goods from the #72 paper machine according to customer specifications and deliver them to the finished goods warehouse in a safe and satisfactory manner. Employee must be able to operate a Computer, Fork Lift, Up-ender and Shrink Wrap Machine. Physical requirements include, lifting, bending, standing, walking, working frequent overtime, rotating shifts, and working weekends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up computer to create slit roll labels and master labels according to put up sheet and/or customer specifications.
- Stock supplies for finishing area including headers, separators, boxes, pallets, etc.
- Visually inspect each roll for damage, dirt, or other obvious defects.
- Label, wrap, tape, weigh, and palletize finished product.
- Record weights or yardage on machine card.
- Deliver packaged product to finished goods warehouse.
- Remove broke during start-up and after a break.
- Remove finishing broke waste from area.
- Perform maintenance check on forklift at beginning of each shift.
- Prepare and submit Maintenance Work Orders.
- Maintain and use proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Train other employees as finishers.
- Maintaining good housekeeping.
- Perform other duties or assignments as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- GED and Georgia Work Ready/Work Keys Certificate
- Forklift license
- Completed Finisher training module.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires physical activity for most of the shift including walking, standing, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting no more than 50 lbs. The shift has an average of 20 minutes per hour of wait time where there is minimal activity or break time.
- This position will be in the machine environment most of the time and can reach high ambient temperatures in some operating conditions.
- This position requires rotating shifts and weekends.