Financial Solutions Analyst (Regulatory & Liquidity Reporting)
DOE McLean, VA 22102
Opportunity within the Regulatory Reporting team. We are looking for someone with strong analytical, collaboration, and communication competencies with the ability to multitask and prioritize diverse and time-sensitive tasks. Primary responsibility of the role is to assist in the preparation, analysis, research, and reporting of monthly and quarterly Basel regulatory capital and liquidity calculations for multiple regulated entities.
The role will gain a greater understanding of products, funding sources, capital structure and corresponding risk and liquidity profiles relative to regulatory reporting requirements. In addition; as Basel capital and liquidity reporting requires data from across the company, this role will be exposed to multiple systems and processes leveraged to source, consume, transform, and produce data for reporting in multiple regulatory filings.
• Assist in ensuring the completeness, timeliness, and integrity of data sourcing for liquidity reporting, including the FR 2052a regulatory filing.
• Support the preparation, quantitative analysis, and reporting of regulatory capital with direct exposure to underlying operational processes.
• Directly engage with partners across accounting and reporting, the lines of business, risk, and treasury to prepare capital and liquidity detailed analytics and reporting packages which are presented to senior management for approval.
• Assist with business validation edits, month-over-month variance analysis, and responses to management and regulator inquiries related to capital and liquidity requirements, reporting, and monthly variacnes across a variety of product types including loans, securities, and derivatives.
• Support new product and data transformation efforts to include cross-functional engagement across business and technology partners, defining business requirements, testing, and management reporting.
• Execute internal controls including ensuring appropriate documentation, analysis, and audit readiness is maintained.
• Contribute to issue resolution, process improvements, and control enhancements across regulatory reporting.
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 4 years of accounting, or at least 4 years of finance, or at least 4 years of audit or risk management experience
• At least 2 years of experience in banking or at least 2 years of financial industry experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 5 years of accounting, or finance, or audit experience
• 3+ years of experience in banking or financial industry
• CPA certification
• Experience with PeopleSoft, Lombard, OFSAA, or other filing software
• Experience with cash flow modeling and forecasting
• Experience with financial data sourcing, transformation, and analysis