Final Inspection/Quality Technician - 1st Shift
Lapeer, MI 48446 US
Take your career to the next level. Inspector/Quality Technician needed for metal fabrication facility in Lapeer. Do you have quality experience or want to learn? This position works with a variety of materials including aluminum, carbon steel, aluminized steel, and stainless steel to form a variety of tubing for the auto industry. Opportunity to advance for those who are interested. Work schedule is 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with occasional Saturday overtime depending on production needs. Starting pay is $15.00 per hour.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language;
- Must be able to communicate clearly to supervision and peers;
- Take instruction from supervisor and from trainer;
- Have interpersonal skills to be able to work in a team atmosphere; display a positive attitude.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must be able to perform basic math: add, subtract, multiply and divide; skilled use of a calculator acceptable.
- Must be able to read a tape measure up to 1/16” increments; display mechanical ability and aptitude
- Must be able to read and utilize calipers
- Must have knowledge in basic blueprint reading.
- Normal operations include being able to properly lift and handle parts up to 25lbs consistently throughout an average work day of nine hours; may occasionally be required to lift up to 75lbs using team lift and/or lift assist equipment.
- Job requires bending, stooping and stretching on a regular basis to move or position parts into baskets and/or on racks.
- Be flexible in job duty: go from one job to another without difficulty performing random and/or scheduled floor checks of production parts.
- Maintain part identification throughout process.
- Measure, read and interpret checking gages to ensure conformance to part specification;
- Consistently record quality related data on identifying work order and in computer.
- Maintain cleanliness in work area; put tools and/or equipment in proper location.
- Follow the rules and company regulations as stated upon engagement.
- Must follow dress code; no jewelry: earrings, necklaces or, rings that protrude above finger; no loose or torn clothing, shorts or sleeveless shirts; proper footwear.
Why work for Qualified Staffing?
- We offer a fantastic benefits package to all of our employees. This includes healthcare, vacation/holiday pay, and 401K! In fact, these are the same benefits that we offer our corporate employees!
- Applying for one job with Qualified Staffing is like applying for hundreds of jobs all at once!
- We respond to every job applicant within 24-48 hours.